Internship Mechanical Eng. Co-op Student
Williams Operating Corporation, a Barrick Gold operation located near Marathon, Ontario has an opportunity for a:
Mechanical Eng. Co-op Student
The successful candidate will be accountable for providing technical guidance and resources to maintenance personnel. Provides general improvements to existing preventative maintenance methodology and technical support to all site maintenance groups in the form of rigorous data analysis, failure analysis and root cause investigation.
• Reporting to the Senior Reliability Engineer, assist with the continued implementation of Barrick’s Maintenance Management System with specific focus on increasing equipment availability and reducing cost ($/T) of maintenance.
• Work closely with Maintenance Planners to streamline the weekly maintenance workflow. Assist with the continuous improvement of maintenance strategy and improving use of the electronic Enterprise Asset Management system (Oracle).
• Track and review planned/unplanned down time and assist with Root Cause analysis for failure of equipment major components. Work towards leading this process on an ongoing basis.
• Partake in the criticality assessment review for key assets.
• Provide support to other maintenance staff for maintenance budgeting, cost reporting and variance analysis.
• Assist with definition & tracking of Key Performance Indicator for site equipment & maintenance work teams.
• Strong computer skills;
• Exposure to the following or similar software: Oracle, Ivara, Viziya, Xeras, MS Office, MS Project;
• Strong prioritization, organization and reasoning skills;
• Undergraduate studies in Mechanical Engineering;
• Work experience in an industrial setting;
• Understanding of Reliability Centered Maintenance techniques;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong attention to detail;
• Demonstrates high levels of initiative and preferably has a history successfully of implementing change;
• Ability to self-direct and work well within a team;
What we can Offer You
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
• An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
• Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
The Hemlo property consists of Williams Operating Corporation, an underground and open pit mine, located approximately 350 kilometers east of Thunder Bay, Ontario.
How to ApplyBarrick is an equal opportunity employer Please email your cover letter, resume and transcript to Stacey Ratte at firstname.lastname@example.org This co-op is for a 12-16 month paid term beginning in the Spring of 2020. Thank you
48 total views, 1 today