Internship Summer Student – VCR
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation is hiring one (1) Summer Student to assist the Valuation and Customer Relations department with general office administration and the collection, maintenance and verification of property assessment data. We’re looking for students who are enthusiastic, ready to learn and build their future career with MPAC. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our team!
As a summer student you will…
- File, scan and organize electronic and hard-copy property records and appraisal documents;
- Develop internal spreadsheets to organize and track the status of building permits and various work objects;
- Assist with minor building permit reviews;
- Assist with the physical inspection of properties and refer all discrepancies to the Manager;
- Assist with the retrieval of property assessment data via GIS and aerial photography;
- Assist with the input and verification of property assessment data and ensure data accuracy in internal databases;
- Respond to basic questions from the public and refer all complex inquiries to the Manager.
Location: Assessment Office #29 Timmins (full address details provided on MPAC website)
The ideal candidate will have …
- Post-secondary education in a related field in progress such as Real Property Administration, Urban Planning, Geography, Business, Economics, Mathematics or related field, with confirmed return to school in September 2019, or at least in pursuit of a high school diploma, with confirmed return to school in September is required;
- Strong organization and time management skills in order to assist branch with concurrent priorities;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to take direction, work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- A valid driver’s license required.
How to ApplyTo apply to this posting, click on the “Apply Online” icon once within the posting. Please use the Applicant Tracking System to create your Candidate Profile, upload your Resume and Cover Letter and apply to the posting by February 15, 2019. Please note, only applications submitted through the Applicant Tracking System will be accepted. While MPAC thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent MPAC employees may be required to undergo a criminal and drivers abstract check. By applying to this job posting, you are also providing your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with Mintz Global Screening (Mintz), a third party service contracted by MPAC, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent. The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is an independent, not-for-profit corporation funded by all Ontario municipalities. Our role is to accurately assess and classify all properties in Ontario, and with more than 1,700 employees in offices across the province, our assessors are trained experts in the field of property valuation. At MPAC, we know that maintaining work life balance is the key to fostering employee health, happiness and productivity. We offer generous vacation allowances, a self-funded leave program and flexible work arrangements to help ensure employees’ unique needs are met both at work and at home. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and MPAC's Accessibility Standards for Ontarians with Disabilities Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
65 total views, 1 today