Internship Supply Chain and Finance Co-op Student
Williams Operating Corporation, a Barrick Gold operation located near Marathon, Ontario has an opportunity for a:
Supply Chain and Finance Co-op Student
The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the Finance and Supply Chain Department. The assignments and projects typically provide opportunities for engagement with various levels of staff in different departments in the organization and provide an understanding of some of the workings within the department. The major challenge for the position is to fully understand the Barrick and Supply Chain Standards and Processes. Ensure that these are being complied by all departments in the mine site.
- Use of latest tools and technology- Oracle ERP, Obiee, Sharepoint, Markview and Excel;
- Assist with Markview invoicing and coordinate with Accounts Payable department;
- Source out goods as part of purchase requisitions for end-user departments;
- Issue stock purchase orders and direct purchase orders for the mine site;
- Develop, build and maintain reporting mechanisms to identify existing or potential inventory issues related to deployment;
- Run KPI reports for the Supply Chain department that will provide visibility to the different activities in the department
- Initiate and coordinate communication between warehouse staff and carriers regarding shipping/receiving product and maintaining appropriate inventory levels;
- Perform other duties as required
- Education Required: Enrolled in a program studying Supply Chain/Business/Operations Management/Engineering or another relevant field, available for a Winter 2020 co-op work term and in good academic standing
- Process oriented with a passion for continuous improvement
- Current enrollment and active participation in a recognized Co-op Program;
- Strong communications, planning and organizational skills;
- Good understanding of the internal control environment;
- Possess the ability to quickly grasp operational processes, to identify and organize relevant information;
- Good analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment to safe behavior;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer skills
What we can Offer You
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
The Hemlo property consists of Williams Operating Corporation, an underground and open pit mine, located approximately 350 kilometers east of Thunder Bay, Ontario.
How to ApplyBarrick is an equal opportunity employer Please email your cover letter, resume and transcript to Stacey Ratte at firstname.lastname@example.org This co-op is for a 12-16 month term beginning in the Spring of 2020.
118 total views, 1 today