Lynda.com Video Training and Professional Development
All Northern College students have free access to Lynda.com, a self-service training site designed to help students gain new skills and advance their careers. Lynda.com offers an on-demand customized learning experience that features instructional content relevant to the learner’s professional interests and goals. Faculty at Northern College may select certain courses or select video’s to augment course materials provided to students.
- 24/7 access to thousands of up-to-date business, creative and technology skills training videos designed for desktop and mobile learning
- Unlimited access to more 5,000 video tutorials in various topics
- Personalized recommendations to explore the most in-demand skills based on their experience.
- Helpful resources like quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows to reinforce learning.
- Resources to assist and reinforce learning
- Teachers can use a wide range of technologies
- Receive a certificate of completion that you can share electronically or post on your LinkedIn profile.
How to Access Lynda.com
Already have your account setup? Log in now at:
or, set up your account now using your Northern College email at:
There is no cost for current registered full- and part-time Northern College students to take a Lynda.com course. Access is funded by the Government of Ontario through eCampusOntario as part of the Government of Ontario’s Career KickStart strategy.
eCampusOntario is a not-for-profit organization funded by the Government of Ontario whose membership is composed of all publicly funded colleges and universities in Ontario. eCampusOntario’s mandate is to promote access, collaboration and innovation in online and technology-enabled learning to enhance the student experience, support faculty development and extend Ontario’s global reputation as a leader in teaching and learning through technology. eCampusOntario is funded by the Government of Ontario.
Lynda.com is a leading online learning platform that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Through individual, corporate, academic and government subscriptions, members have access to the Lynda.com video library of engaging, top-quality courses taught by recognized industry experts.