Classes begin September 6. Attending orientation is mandatory.
9am to 9:10am – Welcome
9am to 11am – Student Orientation Activities
11am to 1pm – Northern College Student Association BBQ
1:30pm to 3:30pm – Program Specific Orientation with Program Coordinators. Attendance is required. All programs including distance learning.
3:30pm to 4:30pm – Technology Orientation: Live Technology Orientation Session Required for all Students
Topics include: connection to the network, using Blackboard, setting up Email, accessing MyNorthern.ca and more. Bring your laptop. Roseanne Clyburn via Go To Meeting link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/356030109
Online Technology Orientation Session (pre-recorded)
Technology Orientation (MP4)
Topics include: connecting to the network, using Blackboard, accessing email and using the student portal.
Select your campus location for details:
Payment and Registration Forms
- Registration and fee payments can be completed by visiting Student Services.
- Lockers can be purchased at a cost of $21.00.
- The bookstore will be open for service from 9am to 4pm.
- Pictures for the student Photo ID cards will be taken. Please present your Confirmation of Registration. Distance Students must complete the student card form and submit their own photo.
- In order to access OSAP information you must produce your Social Insurance Number and photo identification.
- The Accessibility Services office will be open for appointments.
- Visit First Year Experience for student success workshops, peer mentor program and more.
- Drop in to the Indigenous Services office for information on activities as well as support and services available.
- Frosh Kits will be available from the Northern College Student Association (NCSA).
Bring Your Own Device
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is about flexible learning in the classroom that provides access to the tools and resources previously unavailable to all students. BYOD is mandatory for all first year and second year students.
Request for Student Photo ID – Distance Students
Approval of Invigilation Form
Field School Supplies
Request to Write/Submit a Test, Exam or Assignment on a Different Date
Publicity and Promotion Consent Form