Good evening everyone,
First, we at Northern College want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we try and navigate the constantly changing waters of an international pandemic.
We are working tirelessly to make sure that you are given the support you need to remain as safe as possible during this time.
With this in mind, we’d like to share some information the Federal and Provincial Government of Canada has shared, along with local, provincial and national health authorities:
• Keep 2 meters (6.5 feet) distance from one another at all times
• If you must attend a face-to-face appointment, please do so alone
• Do not bring friends and family inside the College
• Try not to take crowded public transit
• Limit your exposure to large groups (parties, events, study groups, queues)
• Reduce your number of roommates (less than 4 is recommended)
Social distancing and self-isolation will be crucial in the ongoing Canadian effort to ‘flatten the curve’ or limit the spread of infection from Covid-19.
Practicing these steps will help minimize any further disruption to your studies, work goals, career momentum and immigration processes.
We, at Northern College, want to remind you that although our classrooms, halls and meeting spaces are empty, the Northern College family is still very much intact.
We are here for you, by phone, by email and through social media. If there is anything you need, concerns you have or reassurance you require, please reach out!
We are all in this together.
Cam McEachern, Registrar, Northern College