Free Online Tutoring Available for Northern College Students
Through a partnership with Tutor.com, Northern College will offer 24/7 online tutoring that connects students one-to-one with a subject expert tutor the minute they need assistance. The tutoring service is easy to use and can be accessed from any internet-enabled computer or mobile device. Online tutoring is available in the following subject areas:
• Math – Algebra, Algebra II, Basic Math, Calculus, Geometry, Statistics, Trigonometry
• Science – Basic, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science
• Liberal Arts – Grammar, Literature, Social Studies
• Business – Accounting, Finance, Economics (3pm – midnight everyday)
• Real-time Writing Support
Additionally, the program also offers resources such as study tools, lessons, test prep materials, and instructional videos.
• Click on the graphic above and create an account using your Northern College email address
• Scroll over the relevant Tutoring Center and select your subject to be connected to a tutor
• After you will work with a tutor, you can:
o Print your session or share it via email or Facebook
o Review your session again at any time
o Save your tutor as a “Favorite”
How to Prepare for a Tutoring Session:
• Have a question or concept you would like to review with a tutor ready. Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey. This will save you time while you are in a session with a tutor.
• It is important that you remove any identifying information (like your name) from your documents before uploading them into the classroom. Upload your papers in advance on the pre-session page to maximize your tutoring time.
Want to Learn More? Here Are 3 Simple Ways:
• See how Tutor.com works in this How It Works Video
• Learn how easy it is to use Tutor.com with the How It Works Guide
• Watch a Tutor.com session in action in the Algebra Session Video